Burning sensation in the head is a condition that occurs for many reasons. There can be many situations from stress to shampoo allergy. Doctors who are experts in this field generally state that the cause of this condition is compression or irritation of some nerves affecting the head and face region. Causes of burning sensation in the head,
- Intense stress and depression.
- Side effects of some used drugs.
- Allergy to hair care products such as shampoo, dye, creams.
- Skin diseases such as eczema or psoriasis.
- Problems such as sinusitis, inflammation of the scalp can cause burning. At the same time, problems such as nasal congestion come with it.
- It is seen in individuals with hair pulling disorder.
- Pains such as migraine headaches.
- Pain after stroke, in this case, nerve damage occurs and may give a burning sensation.
Inflammation of the blood vessel in the skull. Such situations occur with long-term antibiotic therapy.
Many reasons such as burning and pain in the scalp can cause problems such as headache. Each problem has its own treatment, so it is recommended to go to the doctor. You can consult a dermatologist.
There is a burning sensation in the head, what should I do?
You can apply some treatments at home as a temporary solution for those who have a burning sensation in the head and ask what should I do. Methods you can apply for your burning sensations on your head and scalp,
- You can relieve the burning sensation by applying original aloe vera gel. You can use the gel in an aloe vera leaf for this.
- Especially when you use shampoo or any care product, you should leave that product or change it. You can pass the burning sensation by changing the products you use.
- If you think you have a burning sensation because of your migraine pain, you can hold a cold water bag on your head.
What Causes a Burning Sensation in the Head and Ears?
People who experience a burning sensation in the head and ear should check whether there has been trauma or damage to the inner ear as a result of an impact in the ear area. Ear burning can be caused by many reasons.
- Injury to the ear area may result in damage to the inner ear. Any trauma can cause a burning sensation in the ear and head.
- Inflammation in the outer ear area is a cause that occurs especially when water remains in the ear. Bacteria build up in the ear, causing a burning sensation.
- Inflammation in the middle ear area, in this case, occurs with the accumulation of fluid in the middle ear area. This may cause burns.
- Burning that occurs with sinus infections may occur in the ear and head. If the mucus that emerges in the sinuses dries up, burning may occur.
- Peripheral Neuropathy and diabetes, especially if diabetics are not treated, compression may occur in many nerves. This can result in numbness, tingling, or burning in the head and ear area.
- People who have had a stroke may experience symptoms such as burning ears.
- Apart from this, many reasons such as allergies, sunburn, exposure to extreme cold, boils, shingles, mucus in the ear, burning due to chemicals, etc., can cause ear and head burns.
Treatment of Burning Sensation in the Head
For the treatment of a burning sensation in the head, first of all, it should be determined what caused this condition. There may be burning in the head, ear or around the neck for many reasons. Especially if there is an infection, the doctor should detect it and prescribe antibiotics. Along with many symptoms, your doctor may ask you for some tests, many tests such as blood tests are done to prevent this problem. When the diagnosis is fully determined, the necessary treatments are applied to you by the doctor.
What is Tension Headache?
Along with a feeling of heaviness in your head area, many people suffer from tension-type headaches. Burning and pain in the top of the head, a burning sensation in the back of the head or a feeling as if there is something in that area. In such cases, patients may feel pain, especially in the back of the head. These pains may sound like panic attacks and usually occur during moments of tension. People who experience tension ligament pain wonder why this situation is briefly,
- Conditions of daily stress and fatigue.
- Tension and pain in neck muscles.
- Serious psychological trauma.
- Celebral hemorrhage.
- Inflammation in the veins.
If you see such effects, first of all, brain tomography and brain MRI should be taken. If the size of this pain becomes severe, more serious conditions may occur.
Situations in which you should apply to a doctor
If you have a burning sensation with your headaches every day, if you have had an inflammatory disease before, if you have a history of cancer. If the headache is suddenly suppressed and there is an unbearable pain, if there is blurred consciousness with burning fever, you should definitely see a doctor in such cases. Apart from this, if the burning sensation is accompanied by a headache from the neck, you may need to apply to the emergency room.
In such cases, you should have a CT scan of your brain and you may need to see if there is any bleeding in your brain. In non-serious cases, painkillers can be given, but if you have symptoms of depression, you should definitely talk to a psychologist. If you are experiencing intense panic and taking medications such as anti-depressants, you should discuss them with your doctor.
Migraine Pain with Burning and Pain in the Top of the Head
Pain in the head such as a feeling of pressure or burning and pain is often confused with migraine. This type of pain can be caused by stress. In such cases, it should not be confused with migraine and should not be ignored. At the same time, such pains can be exacerbated by migraine. If you have migraine and suddenly feel pressure in your head, you may need to have it checked. Continuous medication is not a definitive solution for this condition. You need to be away from stress and overcome your psychological problems. Along with MRI, tomography will best explain what exactly it is.