One of the problems that happen to people who are engaged in welding is the welds splashed in the eye area. The biggest problem of people in such situations is the question of what is good for the welding eye. People who are exposed to too much light during welding experience pain and burning, especially in the eye and eye area. This situation can be a long-term pain or burning in many people.
What should be done to the source eye?
These procedures can be done not only by people dealing with welding, but also by many people who experience the same kind of situation. For eye health, which is one of the important organs in the human body, of course, it is recommended to see a doctor first. You may definitely need to use a protective goggles or even a mask during work. Here are the things you can do for eye welding situations,
- After warming the milk, you can apply it to your eyes with cotton.
- You can hold the cucumber slices on your eyelids.
- You can hold a tea bag to your eyes while it is warm.
- You can slice the raw potato and hold it on your eyelid.
- We do not recommend using lemon, which is one of the most common mistakes, what is good for the source eye. Since lemon has an acidic structure, it should never touch the eye.
Symptoms of Weld Problems Touching the Eye
If you are involved in welding, it can be difficult to protect your eyes during welding. Most workers must concentrate on their work and not blink during welding because it is a very difficult and careful job. Many workers do not care about eye health by not wearing welding goggles or masks. If you feel welding in the eye, you may have the following symptoms,
- Pain in the eye area and in the eye with burning.
- Redness in the eye area and in the eye.
- Sensitivity problems in the eye area and eye, pain when scratching the eye.
- Coloured spots on the lid when the eye is closed.
- Reduced or blurred vision.
- Feeling of puffiness in the eye and eye area.
- Stinging sensation in the eye area and constant tearing.
- Persistent itching of the eye and signs of dryness.
In such cases, you should definitely see a doctor and rest your eyes as much as possible. If you are asking what is good for burning eyes while welding iron, wearing a mask will definitely reduce the burning sensation to some extent.
What to do for protection from welding
There are many people who have vision problems during a welding work accident. The very intense rays at the tip of the tool applied in the welding process are harmful to the human eye. These intense rays damage the nerve endings on the retina layer in the eye and begin to oedema. The resulting foul-smelling smoke is very harmful for human inhalation. The most important thing you need to do to protect yourself from welding is to use welding goggles and even a welding mask.
Protection from work accidents will provide a healthier working life for you and will keep you away from vision problems in your old age. If you have serious problems, you should first make an appointment with an ophthalmologist.
How to treat the eye that receives welding?
In case of welding in the eye, medical treatment is important. You should not ignore these problems as much as possible and you may need to seek medical treatment. Doctors prescribe medicines and eye drops for the eye that receives welding. With the regular use of these medicines, you can protect your eye health with glasses or mask to protect from welding.
Many methods such as source eye treatment, drops, eye washing, tropical anaesthesia applications, resting the eye, keeping the eye away from light are determined by your doctor.
Which drops are good for eye welding?
Doctors can prescribe some drops with the source to the eye. These drops are good for your eyes and relieve your problems such as itching, redness and burning. The drops recommended by the doctor for people dealing with the welding profession are as follows,
- Inflased eye drops source
- Eye-Visol eye drops are one of the eye drops used especially by factory workers.
- Visine eye drops are the most recommended drugs by doctors.
- Voltaren eye drops are one of the most widely used eye drops from the source.
All these eye drops should never be used without a doctor’s advice. At the same time, some side effects of these eye drops can be seen. It is recommended that you check whether there is a substance you are allergic to and consult your doctor.