Natural room fragrance making at home has become one of the most curious topics of recent times. According to researches, it has been scientifically proven that odour has positive effects on human psychology and emotional state. We can say that a clean and fragrant house gives people peace and happiness. Our home, where we spend most of our time, can sometimes smell bad due to food odours and sometimes due to lack of air and we may not be comfortable. The first way to get rid of bad odours is cleaning and refreshing air fresheners. However, we should not ignore that these air fresheners also contain many chemical substances. Especially air fresheners can cause big problems for people with asthma or people with odour sensitivity.
For this reason, it is very important to eliminate bad odours and to prefer light natural scents that will not cause discomfort. Making your natural room fragrances and making them decorative will make you feel beautiful.
Making Natural Room Fragrance at Home
First of all, before making a natural room fragrance at home, you should decide what kind of fragrance you want. Aromatic, sweet or more refreshing fresh scents are the most preferred room fragrances. You should not ignore that the different types of fragrances you will make will vary in terms of permanence and effect area.
You can make room fragrances in different ways:
- Natural Spray Room Fragrance: You can spray the natural spray room fragrances you prefer to your home, your room in the amount you want, so you can adjust the intensity of the scent.
- Natural Room Fragrance in a Jar: You can keep the natural room fragrance you will prepare at home in a jar or a small box and put it in a corner you want in your home. In addition, you can paint the mould of the natural air fresheners you will prepare in a jar or box in the colour you want, and you can also turn it into a decorative item that you can use in your home.
- Barred Room Fragrance: You can make this product, which you see in many household goods stores or markets, in a simple way at home. You can use the natural room fragrance that you will obtain from essential natural oils with the help of bamboo sticks. You can give your home or bathroom a decorative look.
- Gel Room Fragrance: If you want it to be both longer lasting and more practical when making natural air fresheners at home, you can choose it.
- Decorative Air Fresheners: You can get a decorative look while making natural air fresheners at home using glass jars, ceramic containers or simple, small flower pots. You can paint them in the colours you want and make permanent writings or shapes with ceramic pens.
How to Make Natural Spray Room Fragrance at Home?
If you are going to use aromatic scents, fruit scents or natural essential oils when making a natural room fragrance at home, it is better to make a spray-style natural room fragrance. You can use the juice of natural fruits to obtain fruit scents. Even a few drops you add will help you get an intense and natural room fragrance. Thanks to Natural Spray Room Fragrances, you can spray the desired amount of fragrance in your home and adjust the intensity of the scent. You can make natural spray room fragrance at home with the help of a few materials.
- 1 spray bottle
- 1 litre of water
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
Finally, it will be enough to add 15-20 drops of aromatic, fruit scents or natural essential oils.
Preparation of Natural Spray Room Fragrance at Home:
- Mix 1 litre of water and 2 teaspoons of baking soda in a spray bottle by shaking.
- After making sure that the baking soda is well identified with the water, add the aromatic, fruit scents or essential natural oil scent of your choice.
- You can also add different scents or different essential natural oils that you think will be nice.
- Make sure you put all the products and shake a few times in the spray bottle.
- Waiting 1 day before use will be good for the natural room scent you make at home to settle.
How to Make Natural Room Fragrance in a Jar?
Citrus fruits that you can choose while making natural room fragrance in a jar will leave a fresh and sweet scent in your home. We have listed a few ingredients you need when making natural room fragrance in a jar.
- 1 glass jar
- 1 Litre
- Peeled lemon and orange peels
- A few cloves
- One cinnamon stick
Natural Room Fragrance Preparation in a Jar
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil over low heat. Mixing all the ingredients will help the products to mix homogeneously and help the peels to leave their odours.
- If you wish, you can add lemon and orange oil to this natural room fragrance, which you will obtain in a slightly thick consistency. Orange and lemon oil will help you intensify the scent of your room fragrance.
- After all the ingredients have boiled, pour into the jar and leave it to cool.
How to make room fragrance with sticks at home?
Air fresheners with sticks that you can make with a few simple materials at home can help you to give your home a decorative appearance and to encounter pleasant scents. The fresh scents you can prefer will be more permanent and long-lasting thanks to bamboo sticks. Bamboo sticks help to spread a simple and pleasant scent instead of an intense and heavy odour.
- 1 small jar or bottle
- 1 litre of water
- A quantity of bamboo sticks
- 1 tablespoon of ethyl alcohol
- Aromatic oils of your choice
Preparation of room fragrance with sticks at home:
- Mix all the ingredients in a jar or bottle.
- You can buy ethyl alcohol from pharmacies and natural aromatic oils from herbalists if you wish.
- Finally, you can place the bamboo sticks in the jar or bottle and place your room scent with sticks wherever you want in your home.
- You can increase the permanence of the scent by changing the bamboo sticks from time to time.
How to Make Gel Room Fragrance at Home?
One of the permanent and long-lasting room fragrances that you can make at home is gel room fragrances. It is quite simple to make gel air fresheners at home, which have a long-lasting scent and can also be used as decorative.
- 1 bowl or small jar
- 4 packets of plain powder gelatine
- 2 cups of water
- Food colouring if you want to give colour
- 4 spoons of salt
- Natural essential oil of your choice
Preparation of Gel Room Fragrance at Home:
- Mix 20-30 drops of the essential oil of your choice and a few drops of food colouring in the bowl or jar you will use.
- You can access organic food colouring over the internet or you may not prefer to use food colouring.
- You can decrease or increase the amount of essential oil according to the intensity of the room odour.
- Boil 1 cup of water and add 4 packets of plain gelatin.
- You can also choose flavoured gelatins that are compatible with your essential oil.
- Add the remaining water to the boiling water and gelatin.
- After making sure that the gelatin is well dissolved and mixed in the water, turn off the heat.
- Pour the thick mixture you have obtained over the food colouring and essential oil and mix.
- Put all the ingredients to rest and cool. As your mixture cools, its odour and consistency will settle.
- You can place the cooled and gel-like room fragrance wherever you want in your home.